NordicHPC meetings are a time for staff of Nordic computing centers to
meet up and exchange best practices and tips, and work on joint
software that helps everyone. Computing centers tend
to be quite independent and conservative, but we all have the same
problems. Why not work on solutions together?
Helsinki, November 14-15, 2019
Our basic goal is to form a network of sysadmins.
Our standard general plan is:
- Most of half-day 1: each attendee presents 5-10 cool things that happen
at their site, and 5-10 common problems they have. This allows us
to network and look for problem-solution pairs.
- Most of half-day 2: collaborative working together in an
unconference-type format, based on lessons of the first half.
- Break-out sessions can be reserved in advance.
- Discussion of collaboration models.
Past meetings and events
- Reimagining Research Computing workshop at the
Nordic e-Infrastructure Collaboration conference, 2019-05-15. This
was the founding moment of NordicHPC.
- Jupyter workshop at the same NeIC conference. Materials are
available on the Jupyter page.